Skip to main content

Oh Look, I'm Still Alive

So...still alive.

Still haven't finished Book Four.  

I know, I know.  Work stuff got in the way, and I think I burned myself out by writing three novels in less than a year, and the whole parenting thing...and then I got a full time job, too. 

But I'm still here ;)  Still (somewhat) active on Twitter - and finally breached 1k followers!  So thanks to everyone in the #writingcommunity for that, you are all awesome!

The Writing Thing.


I've got another three book ideas the churn out, now that my work will be slowing down for the next few months.  The great thing about working in a tourist town is that, once summer is over, it gets reaaaaally quiet until the warm comes back.  Especially since the kids are heading back to school.  I'll actually have time to think. 

And overthink.  I'm wondering if two of my book ideas are too similar.  The third, of course, is more Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy cross over, and so completely different, but the other two are both in the Olsson's Pass universe.  They both involve a shifter in my universe going "feral" - ie: no longer more human than not - and loosing that part of themselves that's "civilized" (for lack of a better term)...and then finding their way back, by way of someone showing compassion/understanding, etc.  I'm wondering if I should make one of them more rich-playboy-looses everything and the other more of a 'feral animal' kind of deal...Actually, that might actually work.  

I know the initial answer should be "Shut up and write, Trudie, it's been more than a year since you said Book Four was coming out," but I'm more thinking aloud.  Or a-page.  It's been a while, so I know more than anything I just need to start and edit later...it's the starting, that's the problem, of course.

Non-Writing Nonsense 

It's apple and cherry season again, so I've got way more apples than I know what to do with.  Quite literally.  


That's a lot of damn apples.

So, this year's attempts at using up vast quantities of fruit have so far included apple-ginger jelly, strawberry apple jelly, cherry wine and apple-ginger wine.  Friend of Hubs' offloaded all of their wine-making equipment on us for free, so that's fun...now just to learn the process.  Hopefully by Christmas I'll have good news to report on that front.  I'm totally new to all of this.

So yeah.  Still alive, still kicking, still...somewhat writing. :D


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miscellaneous Monday

Miscellaneous Monday Wherein I Babble About Random Things THE BOOKS HAVE GONE WIDE! Well, at least two of them have.  The third is still waiting out its term in KU, but as soon as that's done...Woo!  So, Snowed In  and Smoked Out  are both available on multiple platforms now!  Including Kobo SUPER PRETTY LINKS: Snowed In Smoked Out So yeah.  Check them out, if you want.  They're both still available on Amazon, of course, as paperbacks as well. Cherry Update I've washed, pitted, bagged and frozen...40 cups of cherries so far.  Which is approximately 10 L of them.  I'll use about 4cups/batch of whatever it is I'm making (jam or pie filling or whathaveyou), so I'll have a lot of canning to do.  Especially since I've still got another ~10L left to pit. And apples to pick. Speaking of jam, I used the raspberries from the garden and some blueberries from the store to make jam today.  I friggin love the colour: Yes, I know my c

Terrible Minds Flash Fiction Challenge - Strange Photos

Thought I'd have a go at one of these.   Challenge was to search "Strange Photos" and pick one, write 1000 (or 1146, in this case) or so words of whatever comes to mind because of it.  My dip into the 'strange photos' section of Google Images dumped me right in the lap of the Merrilyn Cryptid Museum  which is full of the apparently re-discovered remains of various mythological creatures, all preserved and displayed all scientific and stuff. Anyway, here is... dun dun dun... The Collector Photo Credit: Alex CF 2016 In the basement, the boxes lie. A rustling of parchment.  Flicker of the gas lamps.  Scratching of nib against paper.  But otherwise, silence.  And a forest of boxes. The man at the desk put down his pen and blotted the ink.  He surveyed his handiwork, double checking for mistakes.  There were none, so he spread a layer of paste in the appropriate space and pressed the label into it: Homomimus Alatus (Common Fae) Abov

Musings and Stuff

So, I got some physical copies of Smoked Out  (and one of Snowed In, because I had updated the cover and reformatted a few things to make it prettier) in the mail yesterday...they look good!  Smoked Out's cover turned out a little dark, but it's legible and - more importantly - it's here . Squee! Anyway, having the physical copies seems to have lit some sort of fire under my backside - Book Three has been sort of languishing, half formed, in the back of my head.  I started outlining it a couple weeks ago, and every time I try to sit down and write it, the excuses start popping up.  I just need to do more research... It's not fully formed, I'll work on it later... Oooo!  Twitter!  Shiny! I'm not in the MC's head yet... Which are all just poppycock, of course, since the secret to getting the book done is, of course, just writing the goddamn book and editing it afterwards.  I don't have a date in mind (strictly) for publishing...maybe I should